View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
Pharmacist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6MT
Pharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedworks View Post
Can't answer this question. I did get the impression from the service manager that Nissan engineering kind of already knew of the issue, and that it was related to the ecu program (which I believe). I used to own an SVT Focus when I worked for Ford, I was able to work with the SVT engineers to diagnose an issue with the throttle map (it would surge at constant cruising speeds) - it took them some time then to develop a new map for the ecu. So much electronics in these things, this issue doesn't surprise me. As for the other person above concerned about buying the car - all cars have issues, and my guess is most people won't be putting their cars in this situation that often (unless you drive close to the limit on turns). It bothers me when I feel it, but I now can predict it. I just look forward to the fix - ecu update is my guess.
still doesn't answer why it only happens on turns. are there any g force sensors or sensors for steering angle or yaw?