View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhYeah View Post
Thx for sharing your knowledge^^
Is it mean that if I want my car to go faster I need to focus on torque right?
I mean 0-60mph. and Can we increase maximum speed of the car?

Sry for asking stupid question but this is my first sport car^^
The speed limiter on the car can be removed and the car can go a good amount faster given a number of theoreticals based on the cars drag coefficient, the gearing and the amount of torque/HP available at a given RPM.

I'm guessing, but I think the car would top out at around 178-185MPH before the engine simply can't push the car down the road any faster. It has everything to do with the torque at the highest RPMs, because there's a slow dropoff.

As for making the car faster on accelleration - the cheapest method would be to strip the interior and make the car overall lighter.

Next to that, a good exhaust and intake.

If you want to spend some money, get a Twin Turbo Kit installed, and see about getting the rar diff ratio dropped a bit to take advantage of it.

Anyhow, 165MPH (the limiter in the car) isn't fast enough to outrun physics or a police radio, and outside of the Autobahn, I don't know of any place you can legally drive that fast.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote