View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #56 (permalink)
G35guy84
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z 7AT Sprt PW
G35guy84 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlenz View Post
I too was looking for a street coilover a little while back. My criteria was a more agressive drop than springs provide, improved handling characteristics, adjustablity, and a ride that isnt too harsh (no track duty in my future).

My choice was Megan coilovers. $870 shipped to my door. Yes, they may not hold up to the $2k coilovers on the track, but thats not what this thread is about. They are a good street coilover with decent dampening and a wide array of adjustment. I personally roll full soft and it is just slightly firmer than OEM sport. They get a bad rap bc of price and some say "QC issues". But after a month of research on all types of cars running Megans, I found no more issues with them than any of the other, more expensive brands. Just google "XXX brand coilovers + problems" and you will find issues in all makes/brands. They are made in the same factory by the same people that make BC coilovers too and those have seen a strong following in the 370z community as well. Myself and 3 or 4 others run these coilovers on this forum and we are all mostly satisfied. Cost was not the only deciding factor for me, I ran $1900 Tein Flex coilovers on my 350z and frankly they were not worth 2x the price IMHO. As far as bang for the buck...these are decent bet....just my .02

Oh..and they have the rear dampening adjustment on the side of the strut body so you dont have to strip the trunk plastics or run extenders to adjust the rear, only ones that have that feature that I know of.
I am one of those running Megans and I COMPLETELY agree with what was said. Granted, I've never run coilovers before, but I must say that I've had zero issues with my setup. I'm not planning on tracking, and if I was I would have probably gone with a more expensive set of coilovers that are meant for heavy track use. But for daily driving Megans are a great buy. IMO, spending 2K on a setup that's never going to see the track is a waste of money.
'09 Nissan 370Z Base 7AT - Sport Package - Pearl White | Performance Mods: Stillen G3 CAI | F.I. HFC | F.I. TDX CBE w/ 18" resonators | Megan Racing coilover kit | Ichiba rear camber kit | 20mm front / 25mm rear H&R spacers | Aesthetic Mods: White interior/license plate LEDs | 6000K bulbs | 20% tint
G35guy84 is offline   Reply With Quote