View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
vipor
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo 09-0183 QAB
vipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond repute

Something I found on another (Mustang) site:

Well as you know I'm running the Nitto NT555R. I've got about ~5,000 miles on them with a few track days. I figured they would of lasted me a little bit longer though. I don't baby them really but they are always at optimal tire pressure on the street and the track. I figured 8,000 miles. I've only got about 3" tread on each side of the tire. The center is completely slick. However, I love these tires. I used to be able to mat it with 524 rwhp and barely spin in first on the street. Can't tell me that's not insane! It's an amazing street tire for a high hp car but you better be okay with only getting slightly over 5,000 miles on them.

I'm going to get a pair of Nitto NT05s for the rear in a few weeks at most. My car is a real daily driver. According to what I've heard the Nitto NT05s are the best street tire out right now. I've heard the traction is not that much worse than the NT555Rs but the tread life is double! I'm planning on getting a set of dedicated 15" wheels with slicks for the track so this makes the most sense for me right now.

Tread Ratings:

* NT555R - 100
* NT05 - 200
* NT555 - 300

2009 NISMO # 0193 | QAB | Albums! | 05.04.10 (Dynojet) 291.94hp/248.28tq
Oil Cooler (DIY) | Custom Headlights | GTSPEC Braces | F.I. Long Tube Headers
vipor is offline   Reply With Quote