View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Raul,

My guess is going to be that hydrolock isn't much of a concern. Even with the "bulkheads" removed I don't think spray is going to be a big problem (the filters are far enough off into the corner of the bumper area that it's going to be tough for a significant amount of spray to make it's way over there.

I'm sure it will be fine unless you drive through deep water.

As for 2... I think you're right. Probably not ideal but my guess is it's the best solution possible given the space available.
Yeah man, my bumper is less than 4 fingers off the ground... 6" of water and that lower intake is submerged. I have seen waaaay deeper puddles around here. I'm just thinking what would happen if I had no choice but to go through something deep?

And yes, it was the best solution...if you put the sc there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z eliminator View Post
well done

Z eliminator
Steve, looks like you're gonna be making quite a nice amount of power! Congrats and you must post pics and review when you get it!