View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #73 (permalink)
subterfuge242
Base Member

Drives: Black 09 Lexus IS350
subterfuge242 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35300mm View Post
This thread is very interesting.

I am a salesman also, working for Toyota. There has been many times, actually i would say about 3-6 times a day when i want to tell a customer to F**** off! but i dont. i give every customer i speak to the red carpet treatment and within the week they usually make a purchase with me and many times at full list or MSRP. There are customers who dont give a f**** who you are, how much training you have or how long you been selling cars for they just want the lowest absolute price possible, take delivery of the car, and never wanna see you again. And then there are customers who just want to be treated with respect and want to feel like they've been taken care of and when they see that.. they'll let you stick your hand in their pocket.

Seriously, where is the flaw in wanting or expecting "the lowest absolute price possible, take(ing) delivery of the car, and never wanna(ting) see you again." You dealers simply provide a service, which thanks to the internet, is now simply a more transparent transaction to the customer.

Although I appreciate good customer service, and will usually pay a little extra for the privilege, I am not going to bend over and take it up the a** because I failed to do a minimal amount of due diligence and research when making a major purchase and leave it up to your kind to give me a "fair" price.

Bottom line is, none of us are here to make friends with the car dealers. I couldn't give a sh*t who you are. Your selling f***ing cars champ. That's it. All we require is professional and competent service, and a good product at a fair price. Considering the current economic reality, some of the sh*t you guys are trying to pull with the dealer mark-ups and an expectation of making MSRP on every deal is seriously numbering your days.

Good thing I have a buying service to do all this sh*t for me, and yes, I do enjoy the "research" tremendously, as do many of the guys and gals on this forum. Its all part of being a true enthusiast.
subterfuge242 is offline   Reply With Quote