View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinPark View Post
Great looking car - what rims are those? I don't recognize them as the standard package rims that I see on the 370Z's here in Florida. And, with this clear bar installed how do you wax the car - is the clear bra waxable and how does it shine compared to the normal finish on the car?

Thanks!
The rims are winter wheels, Enkei EK2 Eurosport 18" with Dunlop Graspics... the sport rims are in the garage! Check the sig....

Waxing should not be required on the clear bra. I use a simple wipe on product that goes on while the car is still wet after being washed. It polishes as you shammy it dry and looks great on my Lincoln MKX. I have not had the chance to try it on the Z yet though. The MKX shines equally brilliant with the wax but i do the whole vehicle with that product, bra included. As for a hard wax, I will have to try it and find out this spring.... I don't think that it would HURT the clear bra, but I don't see a benefit either as wax fills in the pores of the paint to make it shine and the plastic film is smooth already.

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote