View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mr_Z
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z PG-M6
Mr_Z is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Here... Hope this helps!

BTW, my flashing unit was faulty which explained some trouble I had. The new one works as it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a370zlover View Post
Mr_Z,

I joined this site just so I could ask you a few questions so I'm new to this forum business, haha. I had this same idea to do with my 370Z with the flashing and everything so I looked for how to do it and found this forum (yesss) so I want to do mine just like yours.

Ok so you must have bought the "Blinking Smart Stop Third Brake Light Module W/Delay" from flashingbrakelights.com like you said correct? Now, I'm no electrician, so I'm gonna have my bro-in-law help me with the install, but I want to try and understand what's going on... So you take that flashing module and tap it to the tail lights before that connection makes it to the new third tail/brake light. Seems like I'd have to tap the module to the brake lights and run it to one filament of the 7443 and then tap the tail lights to the other filament of the 7443, or is it just one wire to worry about? What I'm asking is... is the 7443 smart enough to do the tail light and brake light flashing with it's double filament as long as I have the flashing module and tap into JUST the tail light as you explain?

I just wanna do it right the first time so forgive me for the ignorance in my electrical understanding, haha... I'm actually not doing so hot in my electrical class right now as a matter of fact. Anyways, any help and tips would be appreciated, thanks for all the info. thus far.

2005 350Z 35th - SilverStone
2009 370Z Touring/Sport - Platinum Grey
Mr_Z is offline   Reply With Quote