View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 11:04 AM   #54 (permalink)
hOOnZ
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z base
hOOnZ is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you!

I know this is an old thread but wanted to bump it and share my experience.
Thanks OP for posting, and others for comments as well.

Noticed fluid residue on the diff cover so decided to tackle. Purchased it on Amazon for $95 and got it in 2 days. Compared to Z1 or other vendors, total price was cheapest and shipping was quickest.
Just got it done over the weekend with a friend. Having a lift made everything much easier of course, but it is not critical for clearance.

Few installation notes:
- We marked all 3 flanges and axles/ds to get it back to where it was. Worth noting that I had swapped a vlsd into my base where you can't really put it in exactly as it was to original, but I had no issues before this install and wanted to keep it that way.
- Removal: used a bushing puller for the fronts, and drill + saw for the subframe mount. There is a metallic piece that comes out with the rubber bushing, but don't confuse this with the steel plate that needs to come out.
- install was easy peasy, used included grease and pressed in by hand mostly, the subframe bushing pulls in when installing bolt to diff.
- followed the included instructions to dispose of the top plates (iirc) on front mounts.
- It was the first time doing this job for both of us, but my friend is an Infiniti master tech so he knew his way around the car and his tools. Took us about 2hrs total. Perhaps worth noting that rear braces and exhaust were removed/installed not too long ago so we had nothing seized.

Impressions:
Got rid of the thud noise under hard shifting - no matter how hard I shift there is zero noise.
On/Off throttle moments seem tighter, drivetrain slop has definitely improved - makes me want to go further with trans mount.
Haven't noticed any change in NVH - perhaps the exhaust sounds slightly louder, but I reused the exhaust gaskets so will be checking for leaks next time.
Definitely recommend this one, especially if you're capable with DIYs. Bang for buck is very high on this one.
hOOnZ is offline   Reply With Quote