View Single Post
Old 08-05-2023, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
CB1
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Touring/Sport
CB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond reputeCB1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ended up pulling the Greddy oil pan and went with the Time-Sert inserts to fix the stripped threads on the drain plug hole.
Pan was a pain to break the existing RTV seal, but got it after a bit..
I am pretty impressed with the Time-Sert product and tools that were included in the kit (very sharp drill bit and tap and all around very high quality).
Install was a piece of cake and glad I pulled the pan so I could clean it really well before reinstalling the pan. I did use Red Lock Tite on the outer part of the insert piece although it's not required, I just added a bit for safe measures. Now it has steal threads!
Waiting for the new RTV to cure after reinstalling the oil pan on the car. Hopefully there are no leaks...

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
| F.I. Twin Turbo #060 | E85 | F.I. Built 7AT | F.I. Flex Plate | F.I. 34 Row Oil Cooler | F.I. 19 Row 7AT Cooler | ECUTEK Tuned By Sebastian | 647 WHP 605 TQ |

Last edited by CB1; 08-05-2023 at 10:54 PM.
CB1 is offline   Reply With Quote