View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #62 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post

I find it rather humorous that people are so concerned about powershifting.... I would love to see the look on some of your faces if i did it in your car. i hold my right foot on the gas, dead straight on the floor as if i was balancing my body weight on it... i hold my left foot about 1 foot in the air.... just as the rev limit is kicking in, i bruce lee jab-kick the clutch peddle to the floor... some coordinated time after i felt my left foot begin to make contact with the clutch, i begin to yank the shifter with a "no looking back now" effort (cant afford one of those accidental half shifts) and by the time the shifter is done moving my foot has left the clutch and you usually only heard the rev limit bounce once if at all.
I'd open the door and give you a gentle shove out at 80mph. jk.

I thought you were ramming gears without using the clutch. What you speak of here is nowhere as bad as that. Youre just flat foot shifting... nothing but wearing out the clutch in this case. Specially if you have a twin plate carbon one which engages more smoothly than a normal clutch would.

Do you DD that 350z?
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote