Thread: clutch sticking
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2023, 03:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimsdale View Post
I had the clutch replaced about 4k miles ago. The pedal started hanging up just above the point of engagement, I would have to pull it up with my toe. It turned out that the master cylinder had come loose from the fire wall and was moving every time I depressed the clutch. When the master was re-attached to the fire wall the problem went away.
If you changed the clutch but kept the OEM CSC, you are basically having to do double work. Depending on whether the CSC leaks clutch fluid inside the tranny housing and whether the fluid gets onto the clutch, you may also be looking at replacing the clutch again.