View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Smokey Nagata
Base Member

Drives: 14’Nissan 370z BC M6
Smokey Nagata has a reputation beyond reputeSmokey Nagata has a reputation beyond reputeSmokey Nagata has a reputation beyond reputeSmokey Nagata has a reputation beyond reputeSmokey Nagata has a reputation beyond reputeSmokey Nagata has a reputation beyond reputeSmokey Nagata has a reputation beyond reputeSmokey Nagata has a reputation beyond reputeSmokey Nagata has a reputation beyond reputeSmokey Nagata has a reputation beyond reputeSmokey Nagata has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Shift Linkage possibly leaking ??

Please don’t crucify if I am wrong, I did not know the correct name of the part directly above the front half of the driveshaft underneath the car connected to the shifter. Anywho I was under my car doing a once over to make sure everything was in good working order and noticed this(attachments linked below). There is some sort of tacky grease(not really oil) being flung around the tunnel originating I believe from the part pictured. The driveshaft shows no sign of a leak except for the residue which I think got flung on it from the above part. I will attach as many detailed pictures as I can as it is dark in my area at this time of night.

If anyone has had a similar issue or knows where this is coming from and what needs to be done to correct it please chime in. Thanks in advance. I can physically move the linkage around a tad side to side. It has some play in it but I don’t know if that is normal or not !!! Car shifts fine and I’ve changed all my fluids but this is not really a fluid.

I did install a Torque Solutions billet trans mount about 2000 miles ago and took a trip to the drag strip yesterday don’t know if the intense vibration could have slung that grease loose or if this part is failing ?
Smokey Nagata is offline   Reply With Quote