View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 03:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k67p67 View Post
Though it might be a PITA, you can remove the other rear shock and use that locking collar with first locking collar to turn the threaded body. Clamp the lower mount in a vise or stick a bolt through the mounting ears and clamp that in the vise so the mount doesn't rotate when you try and spin the threaded body.

So I got the lock ring off the other shock and used it to resist rotation while I tried to twist off the lower body. No luck… ughhhh

Going to keep it sitting with PB blaster and resort to the torch eventually if need be. Not in a rush to reassemble the rear though since the car is garages for winter.

Need to order another rear damper anyway since the top hat is fused on and I cannot replace the bump stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote