View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 06:43 PM   #408 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

Well, yesterday I did more getting the garage in order...
Today I finished off the air filters, will reinstall this week.
I also figured out how to check my front brake pads, by starting to do a brake job but not removing the brakes.

I did this because I need to know if I should replace the brakes. To my surprise I was able to do this. (note I am mechanical ineptitude, I actually think I might be able to do a brake job now.)

Well what I found out, that the front brake pads are at 8mm, new they were 10 mm. So after about 8 hours of tracking, I only used 2mm. So I will not have to replace the pads for now.

But now after every track event I will check and take measurements. Taking more measurements this year. To get a better idea of wear and tear.