Thread: Big Brake Kits
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 08:54 AM   #26 (permalink)
DarkJak
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z
DarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond reputeDarkJak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
https://www.z1motorsports.com/nfs/ni...t-p-21702.html

Anyone ever run these?

Or would it be better saving more for something like the forthcoming ap racing kit.
If you're at this price point, you're close on the AP Racing kit I have available (just over $4000 for the fronts if you piece together the parts, much more info in my thread)

I looked into these prior to making my kit, and had some talks with Nismo to confirm more info and here's what I have:

• What is the piston material?
  • Aluminum
  • Do the NISMO Calipers have dust boots?
  • Yes
  • Do these bolt up to stock rotor offsets, or will they need to accompanying Aerorotors?
  • Offset difference is around 1mm, should be able to bolt up Calipers with his existing 2pc rotor setup.

From the aluminum pistons and having dust boots, I view them more as street calipers. Plus, have been familiar with the caliper body these use from their ST60/40 kits, which have been around for ages.
If you don't need "Nismo" on them, the AP Racing CP9668 and CP9660 calipers are a big improvement for track use. Much lighter, can fit more pad, and hold up to higher temps.
09 7AT|MCS 2WNR|Topgunz Rotrex|Ecutek (Eugene)|Maxxis RC1|Titan-7 TS-5|OSG LSD|Rear Mount Derale Oil Cooler (WIP)+25 Trans Cooler|Fismo|G-LOC R12/R10|Zeta III L|NLR Wing and Splitter|CJM Pan and Fuel Hat|Radium Surge Tank|AP Racing CP9668

Last edited by DarkJak; 10-19-2022 at 02:11 PM.
DarkJak is offline   Reply With Quote