View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 08:11 AM   #385 (permalink)
old guy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 magma touring
old guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danegrey View Post
Last Track Day of the year

It was interesting from several different points...

Set my personal best lap in the second session and improvement of .07 of a second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G3edVWRKNk

Traffic was terrible, only because I was running novice solo (just following the rules of the organizer, more on that later). There were a couple of cars that I passed twice.

Overall a great event and really not a lot of cars.

Comment from the organizer. He came out on track and gave me a point by, and then said following me - 'He's Quick, His Lines are good, what is he doing in novice'

I actually work on passing my former instructor, he was helping another novice out, and he had good comments.

Also simply a lot of comments on the car.

Now the BAD, I did not make it through the day. In the 2nd session almost at the end. I was coming out turn 4, through turn 5 and starting to think about turn 6. The car violently pulled to the left, which was the direction I was going. Pulled off into a safe area by turn 6. I was thinking it was a brake issue. While the emergency team came, the driver front brake was smoking. Towed back. After inspection found out the power steering/alternator/water pump belt was gone. Thus the problem.

I just said to myself, why did you not think of changing it out or looking at it. A forgotten item on my checklist.

Have AAA, they came in about 90 minutes, took it a AAA garage, should be back today. I'm all thumbs when it comes to mechanical stuff.

Had a problem, but in all what I was working on there was improvement, vision, braking and being smooth. When I reviewed my quickest lap video, I cross the start/finish line at 118 mph, that was 2 mph quicker than the last PB time.

It was all fun, lots of comments, people offering help, just a fun event, even with the problem.

Thou the event organizer still wants me to have a ride along to move up to intermediate. I am going to see if they will accept the Garmin Catalyst videos.

And thanks to everyone's help on the forum with my questions.

Even with the belt issue, it looked like a ton of fun