View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 08:41 AM   #924 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so I have one picture to show. Not really impressive until the full context of what happened previous to this post has been read. lol . My engine now has oil pressure! From what I can tell there are no leaks anywhere other than a possible bad ORB fitting on my Clearview Filter. I tightened down the fittings more to see if that worked but I'm also going to but 2 new ORB 12 to -10AN. No leaks on the turbo drains, pan (I dropped the gasket in kitty litter and had to clean it while rushing around the forklift), and most importantly the billet block on the pan! If the only thing I need is the 2 orb fittings on the filter... that's easy at this point.

Ok here's the exciting part.. To get the car oil pressure up I started it. WOW, it sounds like a pro mod! Other cars in the shop do not sound this spicy and they are built similar. I'm excited to get to the dyno now.

Inquiring minds about the oil... I used Amsoil 15w-50 for this engine and used Lucas 30w break-in. The break-in oil was cycled for about 30min total in the engine. The 15-50 will go through the dyno session and what ever mileage I can put on it this year before I drain it, I'm guessing 100-200mi.
https://www.amsoil.com/p/dominator-1...cing-oil-rd50/

Last edited by gbrettin; 09-30-2022 at 08:53 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote