View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

my comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinn View Post
How many street miles did you put on them? - ball park - 6000-6500 miles
Have you run these Falken tires before? - no first year with them.
Assuming square setup - Yes
Did you rotate front to rear at all? No - big mistake
..and same questions that Rusty asked.. Front insides
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
You need to stay on top of your tire pressures too. Just knowing your starting temps is good but you need a lot more information, they may be going up to 40+ at the end, you don't know. Measure before, after, and if you can during; have someone measure your times in the pit lane one session. Depending on the situation I could gain almost 15psi from cold start to mid/end session. - I do this, I measure at the start and measure when I get in and adjust before the next session, target, when at the end is F36 / R34

Also what's your sway bar and settings? That has a lot of impact on weight transfer and wear. - White Hopkins - Set Hard front / Soft back, I will have to look as to wear they actually are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryzia23 View Post
You just don’t get the full life out of a tire without 2nd of wheels. One thing that can prolong the life, would be to rotate/flip the tires and stick to factory alignment specs for front toe. I finally got the trailer this year.- Agree with what your saying, but a goal has been to drive to and from the track

Thanks for the comments and thoughts... Still learning, a lot of hard lessons right now, but it all helps.

Will have to do somewhat of a re-think this off season, in the process of doing that now...