View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 09:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
prandelia
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo 370Z
prandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Are the GT3 ducts only mounted to the body, and not moving with any control arms? Just wondering how the mounting worked out. I have 3 sets of them as potential add-ons to various cars, and wasn't able to figure out a good solution for them on the arms, but your setup looks much nicer.

Super interested in any feedback you have on Paragon's rings. They come up as very enticing alternatives to some of the AP ones, being a little bit cheaper. I'd love to hear how to wear over track days. I have a set sitting around, waiting on some more niche (much smaller) Pro5000R calipers to be in stock for my Exige.
I'll try to take some more in detail pics. They are sort of hybrid mounted on the control arm and partly on the swaybar.

So far that Paragon rings have been great, all their rings use the same motorsport quality material. The fact they can provide a 72-vane rotor for sport brakes is a great benefit. As you know, going from 48 to 72 vane is a BIG step up in thermal capacity and longevity. It's going to be good enough for most of the DE guys.

I'm a hardcore track guy, but I spread out my track miles on various cars, and until I get the ABS situation figured out, the Z will see limited track time until then, and my current setup will be adequte.

When you push this car to the limit, it's just too inconsistent with potential for a catastrophic failure by the ABS. My local tracks have too many brake zone that bend, that are exactly what this ABS system hates. It's not fun to have the baby the car into a bunch of corners to keep it from trying to kill you. If the front-only kit gives the car a bit more front bias, which this car seems to need, then I might bite, but will wait and see how things pan out.
prandelia is offline   Reply With Quote