View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andaesthetics View Post
The CSC is external now and I can't remember but I think they said it was made from a carbon composite material or something. Not exactly sure but it has definitely been addressed this much they confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
no such thing as an "external csc". doesn't make any sense, the c stands for concentric.

This picture is the 2023 Nissan Z. (that's what you asked about) The CSC has been removed and they have used an external slave cylinder and fork.

No idea what the external slave cylinder is made of, but it's easy to replace if it breaks.
All 370z have a CSC, replacing it usually leads to a second failure. Most people purchase a CMAK kit to move to an external slave cylinder, which works the same way the 2023 Z system works.
1. Read the quote from another member. I know what the "C" stands for. I was asking for confirmation on what another member stated about the CSC being external.

2. My original question/request was if someone could confirm the CSC was external from factory, which you posted a picture from what I thought was stock, and hence my follow up questions on if this is for real on Nissan relocating the CSC to the outside of the tranny housing vs the inside and if so, when this started happening.

3. I know the 350/370Z's have a CSC that is prone to failure (going through this right now unfortunately) and I know which kit most recommend between Z1 and ZSpeed.

4. If Nissan has not addressed the CSC issue/materials it's made from, then most likely is the same sh!t from the 350Z's.