View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 09:37 AM   #532 (permalink)
HapaZ
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z Base Coupe
HapaZ will become famous soon enoughHapaZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
So for someone that will never run anything but 93/94. Will never cut holes in their bumper or get an aftermarket bumper with holes in it.
Does this kit perform any better than the previous one?
I talked with Eugene about this before installing. The benefits of this kit are that it's more efficient and has the ability to run higher boost if you want or are able to. When run at the same boost level as the Vortech kit, it's more efficient and produces more boost lower in the rev range. So even if a max hp number looks similar there is more power throughout.

I think the coolant temp issue is due to how large the intercooler is. A majority of the stock bumper opening is covered by it and by the lines to run the rotorex cooler and the core itself. I know this isn't a popular opinion, but my view for my car was that if I was going to run boost I had to be prepared to make other changes to accommodate a design that wasn't meant to be from the factory. It'd be nice if I didn't have cooling issues, but at the same time I was prepared to make changes if needed.
HapaZ is offline   Reply With Quote