View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 08:58 AM   #68 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z944 View Post
I'm waiting to see the nismo. If it's not super hella tight 3000, I'm gonna put in a vr38.

Seems I could just swap a vr38 top end and all the plumbing and turbos of my choice. Build up the bottom end.. forged rods, knife edged crank, liners.. Not sure what bore and stroke increases are possible. Don't they share the same block? The GTR is just dressed up with bigger bore liners, or longer stroke, right? If the coolant passages line up.. it should be good to go. I could, in theory just by a GTR nismo top end and rebuild it, plug it in... intake, throttle body should all line up and look OEM.. the ultimate Z sleeper. Of course, would need a stand alone, tune, etc etc, etc $$$$ Or is there something I'm not seeing here?

Shrug. For me it's not cost tho. I'll never sell my nismo. The only way I'd sell this car was if the new one was just too friggin' sick to not have. It's about what I think would be cool to have. I like doing mods from the OEM parts bins. It's kinda my thing. I also like displacement... a lot. None of this stuff is cheap, even the "cheap" stuff. I've just accepted that cars are money pits lol. If I sink 100k into it to make it exactly how I want.. idc.(As long as I can space out that 100k at least a few years lmao) The 370 is damn close to exactly how I envision a perfect sports car to be. One of the best platforms to work from out there IMO. If it was built exactly how I want it, it would likely have had a prancing horse, and retailed for 250k+. I would easily dump millions into a 100% custom ground up one off build. It's a damn bargain in those terms.

Also, I think the nismo cars will go way up in value eventually. I'm roughly 100k into my 951, bought it for 12k 20 years ago. I'm doing a similar restomod parts bin build on it that's almost done. It's a 3.0 s2/68 951 top end swap. Sorted ones in any mileage are going for 50ish k now. Mine with the mods and total ground up resto is probably a 80-100k car now. My point is, it's all where you're true perceived value lies.

Anyway.. my .02.

Where did you get the idea that the VR38 heads would fit on a VQ37 and be better. The VR38 block is the valuable part. Not sure what you have been reading or have been told. That's a No go though.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote