View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 11:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomabond View Post
Didn't know what LFP stands for, and walked into an 18min ad on the benefits of swapping out the ol' iron insides for lithium tech.

What battery did you go with? The aforementioned ad was from Antigravity Batteries, they have that sweet restart tech that would have saved you in this situation, and will probably be perfect for the long term storage...for a price...
Ya, well I realized it's time to swap out the ol'iron when I have a 2020 car, and my factory battery is dead. One of the benefits of lithium, unlike a traditional lead acid, is just because it died, doesn't mean you have to replace it. Do you throw out your phone because your battery reached 0%? In theory, a LFP battery should last at least a decade and it won't corrode your engine bay. Funny thing is, in all the benefits Antigravity listed, they didn't mention that a tub of acid will corrode its surroundings with just its off-gassing. Even if it never leaks, just its presence will rot away your car.

Anyways, I did not pay the Antigravity price. I actually just purchased two, one for my Z and one for my Model 3 as well. I paid $275 US with shipping for the Z one. This is a direct fit replacement for the OEM physical battery size, I hate how sometimes you see people with undersized lithium battery casings flopping around in their battery bay. I already have experience with this manufacturer, as I purchased one of their batteries in 2018 for my motorcycle and it has been great. I will post about it with photos once I receive it.

Last edited by viiv; 06-05-2022 at 11:33 AM.
viiv is offline   Reply With Quote