View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dead battery after winter storage; can't get into car to get to battery

Hi all,

So after sitting in the garage since October, battery is flat. Just to clarify the car is fully unlocked.

With the dead battery, the windows obviously won't drop when opening the doors. Ofcourse, need to open the doors so I can get to the hood release to get to the battery.

I can gently unlatch the doors, but then you feel the resistance of the windows stuck in the channel in the A-pillar. So I gently pushed the doors closed to relatch them and left it as is.

Looked through the user manual, surprisingly there is no guidance for this situation.

I am in no rush to get in, I don't want to risk breaking the glass or damaging the A-pillar to get in. Hoping someone has been in the same situation and knows the proper procedure. If there was a way to manually open the hatch without battery power, I would have had my wife who is smaller and lighter than me crawl in through the hatch to reach the hood release I guess.

As a segway of not being in a rush to even get in, with the sky high gas prices this summer, I might just skip this summer driving season entirely especially since we are going to spend at least a month in Italy this summer.

Car is presently full of ethanol free Shell 91 with Stabil. Anything else extra I should do to extend the storage period from just a routine winter to October 2021 - May 2023?

Thanks

Last edited by viiv; 06-02-2022 at 10:58 AM.
viiv is offline   Reply With Quote