View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 07:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
SonicVQ
Base Member

Drives: G37 Sport
SonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond reputeSonicVQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
Ditching the OEM sensor is not recommended. You can either T off the OEM sensor hole or add a therm plate with a hole for the aftermarket sensor.
With an oil pressure sensor/gauge, there is no need for the factory oil pressure switch.

Here is why:
• The oil pressure switch turns on the idiot light when oil pressure is < 5 psi.
(tested & verified on my workbench)

• You will have cam phasing codes (P0011/P0021) LONG before the low oil pressure light is turned on.

• The oil pressure switch does not feed the ECU. It is wired directly to the IPDM/ER and when the single wire is grounded (< 5psi) the IPDM/ER sends a CAN bus message to the cluster to turn on the idiot light.

I removed my oil pressure switch switch almost 2 years ago... it is not needed when you can see the actual pressure.
SonicVQ is offline   Reply With Quote