View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 07:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute
Default Divorced style longer spring length

Hey everyone, I need a quick sanity check here.

My BC BR divorced style set up is sitting too low now that I adjusted my front ride height and put on new PS4S. Rear is 26.5”-26.75” ground to fender. I’d like to get it to around 27-27.25”, but the top adjuster seems to be maxed out.

I’m think the easiest solution here is to get longer springs. If the BC Springs that come with these kits are 200mm (not sure exact length, just using as example), and I go up to a 220mm, that’d allow me to lower the height adjuster on the spring 20mm to match my current height. At that point I would have enough room in the adjuster to increase the height to what I need. Additionally since the rear motion ratio is ~.5, to get .75” of ride height, I should only need .375” (9.5mm) length increase at the adjuster.

Am I overlooking anything here?

Tldr; can I just get a longer spring with a divorced style set up to increase my right height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes

Last edited by Averying; 04-09-2022 at 07:34 AM.
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote