View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 11:09 AM   #395 (permalink)
14Q60awdSPORT
Base Member

Drives: 14 Q60 awd SPORT
14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute14Q60awdSPORT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Is that the stock heat exchanger in the radiator you are talking about, or an additional atf to coolant one you added outside the radiator, on top of the trans cooler. How large a trans cooler?

I've been caught waiting on HTG to make DTC tuning more approachable, and in the meantime, unsure if I would hate myself for getting this kit installed and running, and potentially overheating, overtaxing my 7AT at the track.

EDIT: VR30 trans swap is tempting in the meantime, but would be a lot of extra money and effort if I end up being able to DCT swap later this year.
Custom external heat exchanger setup. Not the radiator one, although that is still in use.

Trans Cooler is relatively small. IIRC 2”x5”x12” 10 row with 4 44cfm fans on a thermostat switch, also have a thermostat fluid control valve to mostly bypass the cooler until warm.

There is no real heat exchanger/ warmer like in a lot of cars including newer Q50/Q60. The sliver in the rad does basically nothing. If you monitor trans temps they take forever to warmup in normal driving. My setup has drastically improved trans warm up time.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on DTC swap. I was under the impression it was a lot more work to DTC swap an auto then it is for an MT and the DTC swaps being worked on are for MT cars. But maybe things have changed.
14Q60awdSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote