View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Red Voodoo
Base Member

Drives: a hard bargain!
Red Voodoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeThruHead View Post
I have no real proof just I haven't come across anyone that has bought them. Haven't seen many(any?) forum threads about them. I think people generally buy something with some adjustments (perch and shock body length) If they bother to upgrade their shocks/springs.
I think you nailed it. Koni is a popular damper among a lot of different platforms, but it doesn't seem to be as common for the 370Z (if this forum holds any indication). They are a great product, but pricey. With a set of springs and these struts/shocks, you are quickly approaching the same value of your budget coilovers available on the market, which allow even greater adjustment. I know that Koni offers a lifetime guarantee on their products, and they will either rebuild or offer a replacement at no charge if the damage/failure occurs on the street (the same warranty does not apply if it occurs on course or track). They will also customize the damper for specific applications (for, I assume, a cost). I've had great experiences with Koni products on a past car, which is why I went that route.