View Single Post
Old 02-21-2022, 11:07 AM   #4994 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Done. Two words of wisdom. Make sure you have the twin pump oriented correctly when you drop it in the surge cansister. I had mine 180 out and didn't catch it. It was a mother to get back apart. Lesson number two, When you put your pumps ground wires on the stud, make sure you add a washer afterwards to ensure it get's good crip on the connector. Otherwise you will end up with a no start and no working pumps. I had to take mine back apart and do it again. Thank goodness I didn't put it all the way back together before I tested it. My stud and ground were on the front hole at first. I moved it back to the right rear like it was before I took it apart. The first one is the worst one as I always say.
I am guessing that MA did the original install to your twin pump and kept the fuel temp sensor? When not retaining the fuel temp sensor, youd just ground both the pumps through the standard 6-pin connector on the twin pump. But when keeping the temp sensor, one of the grounds has to move to the chassis of the hanger to free up a terminal position for the fuel temp sensor signal.