View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 08:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
ZontheRocks
Track Member

Drives: 2016 Nissan PW 370Z
ZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed-Leppelin View Post
Thank you ZonTheRocks !

I appreciate the info...two additional questions...

1. If the fluid in the master cylinder is still at the max fill line, is the fluid leaking somewhere else and wouldn't it drain the master cylinder a bit?

2. You wouldn't happen to know what an average repair cost is on this would you? Just anything ballpark would help.

I am trying to make a decision on whether to try and tackle the repair myself or just hand it off to a repair shop. Which I don't really want to do...because I don't want any scratches or greasy mechanic smells in the car...which have been known to happen with other vehicles... The car is extremely well taken care of and not a blemish inside or out anywhere...and I really want to keep it that way...but at the same time...my mechanic skills are not the best

Anyway - thanks!
Contact Joe at ZSpeed. He has the experience with the replacement as it is his parts that you should be purchasing! The transmission has to be dropped, which will be the majority of the costs.

I would not recommend DYI if this is not something you are familiar with / don't have a garage to house the vehicle / lack all necessary tools.