View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 05:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
He builds race engines that can be tuneable for the street. "Off-Road" is dirt buggy racing (look up the Finke desert race for vehicle style).

My "70's road MG - Historic reg plates" has a life-expired full race engine in it with a softer cam that has a massive grin-factor in it. I ran that car at Geelong Sprints and it was good for a 10.7 quarter (980kgs and 390hp).

I guess you need to think about how many pineapple-notes you are going to tear up with a degree of maturity - you will get back maybe 40 cents in the dollar on your Z - possibly as low as 25 cents in the dollars, because I'm guessing you've paid multiple times for some of your mods so think about how you will avoid doing the same thing with another platform. Your story is stored on the forum for any potential purchaser to see.

I am not saying don't do it - it is your money. What I am saying is think about what you are doing to avoid the same sense of disappointment and expense - go into it with your eyes open and happy that you will burn the dollars.
Sage advise here. This is experience speaking as many of us have done and redone our Zs. I get the "compassion fatigue" as I call it and you are just done and think that if you do something different it will be better or different. Part of the trick is to remember why you got the Z in the first place and fall in love with that idea again. You state that your car is a 1 of 1 in your neck of the woods, well that is why many of us love and keep our Z. It is unique. Even if you go to a Z meet, most are one off and represent the owners personality. The one thing I can't get my head or heart around the Supra is that it lacks in that category for me. Sure, it checks a lot of boxes but at the price point I would buy a c6, c7 or c8 corvette all day long if I am going to jump on the everyone has one band wagon.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote