View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 02:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

I would try fresh fluid first since that's the easiest possible solution and good practice anyway (Motul fluid is not expensive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Also, as others suggested, try either solid rotors with the cryo treatment or the racing brake 2pc rotors, which are thicker than Z1’s. I believe it’s 32mm vs 28mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
The Z1 rotors dissipate heat alright, but have less mass than others and this seems to lead to more frequent cracking.
But I'm inclined to believe that the Z1 2pc rotors are at least a factor of overheating if not the direct culprit. The lightweight Z1 rotors have much less mass, which means they cannot absorb as much heat. During repeated high performance operation they simply cannot dissipate the heat fast enough.

Seems like the cryo treated blank rotors are one of the better budget options out there. Although I'm very tempted to pick up one of DarkJak's brake setups - the price is right.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote