View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 11:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Red Voodoo
Base Member

Drives: a hard bargain!
Red Voodoo is on a distinguished road

First off, thank you for the crash course in Suspension 1A. I'm learning as I go here, so I appreciate whatever guidance that I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
throw away or return your swifts

you want fortune auto 500 or 510's
When the stock dampers tire from age and spring abuse, I'll likely just upgrade to coilovers. It will cost roughly two-thirds of the price of adjustable dampers to go that route for an affordable option like the 500's, and it's an easier install than fooling around with a spring compressor. The springs are currently on the car and will remain there for the interim.

Quote:
then from SPL
FUCA
front tie rod ends
rear camber arm
rear mid links
rear traction arm
lock out kit

if tracking, front hotchkis bar and SPL endlinks
SPL FUCA's, camber arms, and their lock out kit have been purchased and are on their way. SPC toe bolts as well. It is looking likely that I may pick up the traction bars before I install the other items and then do them it all at once.

Front TRE's will likely come after the coilovers. This leads me to a question regarding the rear mid-links: Once coilovers are installed, you have the option to replace the spring bucket with a toe arm or the mid-link. There is a spring perch there. Just eyeballing it, the perch appears smaller than a OE rear spring. Is my perception off, or can the SPL mid-links take the place of the OE bucket?

The Hotchkis front bar gets glowing reviews from the track guys, and some others run them on street-only cars as well. I suspect that if one opts for a stiffer bar, more robust end links are inevitable. You mentioned "if tracking". Should I be looking at other options if the plans are not to track the car?

Quote:

roll your fenders

buy real wheels in aggressive fitment

win
This would be the last thing I would do, if at all. However, never say never. Aren't the rear fenders already rolled from the factory?

Last edited by Red Voodoo; 01-16-2022 at 02:13 AM.
Red Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote