View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 04:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Red Voodoo
Base Member

Drives: a hard bargain!
Red Voodoo is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Rusty... I have decided to go with the SPL front and rear arms for full adjustability, along with the SPL eccentric lockout kit to keep things in check in the rear. I have SPC toe bolts as well, but I assume that they will go back on the shelf once the lockout kit is used.

Your recommendation for street alignment is right in line with what I was considering initially, with exception of caster (which was unadjustable before OZ drove some sense into me to get the front arms). I will likely go with that and have the caster adjusted as recommended.

You suggest the Hotchkis front bar. It seems like a popular choice here due to its reputation as one of the largest diameter bars on the market for the Z34. A lot of what I've read online stresses the importance to having some adjustability with sway bars, yet this bar does not come with that. The price point for a Hotchkis front bar isn't far off from the competition. In your opinion, has Hotchkis engineered a sway bar so good that it makes no sense to look at alternatives that allow you to adjust the stiffness for different environments?

And, while we are on the subject of sway bars, I was considering just keeping the OE rear sway bar based on testimony from some of you that prefer to have no rear sway bar in track (fast) conditions for better rear end control through turns. (Not that I'm going to be navigating public roads with controlled oversteer... LOL!) Would not touching the rear bar be the wise thing to do on a street car when electing for a stiff bar up front?

Love the ideas and recommendations. Thank you!