View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 05:51 PM   #46 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

This has been entertaining! I am the guy that did things backwards. I TT my Z and then decided to take it to the track. It was a blast and it came with many consequences. I had no idea that I was going to fall in love with tracking my Z so it became an up hill battle with all kinds of little and big issues. I lost track days and the use of my Z for all the reasons people have provided you. Having all that power even at low boost hindered my learning curve. It is much easier to learn and improve quickly in a slower car than one that is trying to kill you the faster you get. I don't think Ivam wrong when I say every boosted track guy has had significant downtime because of something breaking or troubleshooting shooting weird chit. You need another vehicle and expendable cash if you want to be boosted. My motor lasted three years at the track and the car has been under the knife for the last three years.

My advice, by a NA Z and enjoy it on the road and use the turbo/supercharger money and buy a Miata for the track. It will be cheaper in the long run and when you are ready for a go fast car you can continue to track until you boost your Z. At that point you can sell the Miata for what you paid for it. Even if you go to the track with an NA Z you will be surprised how fast it is and how slow you will be.

Just to give you a little perspective. My track times in my boosted Z when my motor blew were slower at some tracks than my times in the the Miata after I learned how to drive and not rely on horsepower. I love instructing newbies that think they can drive because they are fast driving canyon roads. I scare the crap out of them if the decide they want to do a ride along in the Miata, LMAO!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote