View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 12:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
How different is it from the 1st gen?
I would say there are 3 angles to compare.

Plumbing Schematic: Used in a naturally aspirated car with stock fuel system, the schematic is unchanged. For a return system, the connections will be made differently but I never had an official schematic for using the old one with return systems anyway, each install was an individual.

Installation Kit: totally different. The cross-tank hoses are no longer inside the tank. Todays average DIYer doesn't want to spend the time to understand the product or why they connect "this to that" well enough to be working with things blind. Also it makes diagnostics too difficult for individuals who dont understand the system. Installation kits for return and returnless will be totally different. They havent been built yet, but the gist of them is in my head and will be finalized when the main hardware is ready.

Main Hardware: Not a single shared component with the old kit, but ultimately what we have is a canister in the tank with fuel pump(s) in it. Serves the same purpose. Displacement remains huge. But the new model is a lot more intuitive and accommodating for setting up to support big power with twin pumps and return system. For naturally aspirated use, there is really nothing to write home about gained, it just looks cooler/nicer as youd expect 10 years later.