View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 11:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
I did some digging into these when they came out in hopes they would meet my needs. (I was hoping for a lightweight steel piston caliper without dust boots)

They are Stoptechs. Specifically an anodized version of the ST60/ST40 non-Trophy designs with aluminum pistons. Pretty much all the Stoptech calipers short of their GT ones come with aluminum pistons stock.
They DO have dust boots.
You can use the ST60/40 for pad compatibility.

Compared to the Trophy kits, they are heavier due to having less material cut out, which is part of why pricing compares so favorably with the Trophy kits. Compare them to the ST60/40 kits and treat the branding and anodizing like a bonus.

They have a 1mm offset difference vs stock rotors, but Nissan Motorsports confirmed they would still work with stock rotors if someone wanted just the calipers.
They use the Aerorotors from Stoptech.

I'd say AMA, but this is all the info I've gathered on these before I struck them off my list. Everything else can be referenced from the regular Stoptech kits.
So how do these compare with the GTR brakes that were on the Z Proto and are rumored to be offered on a future Z Nismo trim level?

Since these and the Akebonos are the only two official Nissan branded options for brakes. Assume they were the same price as the Akebonos, how much better are they than the Akebonos and if you had a base Z, which would you choose to upgrade to if cost was not a factor? Which has the better build quality? Would these clear stock 18" rims like the Akebonos do or do they require 19s?

Last edited by viiv; 11-22-2021 at 11:57 PM.
viiv is offline   Reply With Quote