View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 08:37 AM   #159 (permalink)
Endgame
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nothing Now!
Endgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond reputeEndgame has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370sed View Post
Couple of thoughts re: PC680 or similar like Braille....These aren't the "recommended" battery for almost any car. It doesn't have enough cold cranking amps, it's amp-hr rating is too low, and it doesn't last long with parasitic loads such as when you leave your car just sitting there for long periods of time (a couple weeks will drain it) but it IS enough to get by, but just.

That said, it works great, starts the car, runs the car, weighs very little, and is easy to mount almost anywhere. I just don't use it in the winter, rather during track season, and in warm weather, it's just fine.

As far as mounting, you can buy aluminum brackets (enclosed box) made specifically for this battery that makes installation convenient. I would NOT want anything mounted anywhere in the passenger area just strapped down. You certainly don't want it becoming a projectile in case of accident. Even at 15lbs it would be a missile.

The whole point of this PC680 battery is to loose maximum weight, not just move similar to normal battery weight somewhere else. Losing vehicle weight is a battle of accrual. A lb here, ounces there, etc., and this is a major win...because 20lb is hard to come by in this game.
BUT... It would be fine if the car is driven every other day?? I do not plan on having any fancy audio equipment either...just the stock stuff.
Endgame is offline   Reply With Quote