View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 11:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
SeeThruHead
Track Member

Drives: Red '18 Sport Manual
SeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond reputeSeeThruHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
That would work, but not really feasible on a regular basis. I am curious if there is a quicker/easier method....

For example, I read somewhere that if you hold the lock and unlock buttons on the fob for a few seconds, the driving lights will flash 3 times, then it will be disabled. I tried this, got the 3 flashes....but it was still enabled.
that disables the horn sound when locking and unlocking iirc.

you can get a "faraday pouch" that should block the wireless signal. Pretty common thing to buy since thieves starting using wireless boosters to unlock cars. (the booster is positioned near the house, boosts the key fob signal enough to unlock the car in the driveway / garage)