View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 08:24 PM   #178 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb370z View Post
Okay, ya'll, this is really the weirdest thing. I know it's been discussed to death in this thread but I've never seen anything like this. I pull my Z out of the garage this morning into the hot 90 degree sun and take a look at the dash. It's miraculously cured! Not glossy, not sticky, not reflecting into my line of sight. I back out and go on my way. On the road 5 minutes later it's starting to shine a little. My passenger touches it and yep, getting sticky. We go down the road and I'm concentrating to look through the reflection on the glass because now it's gotten severe. We crank the a/c. A few minutes later, it's cured again. Back to oem matte look. Not sticky. I don't even know about this issue. It's straight-up weird.
Ya, it's because this is the cause of the issue:

"Apparently there’s a chemical inside the dashboard that oozes up to the top in high heat/humidity, giving it a sticky surface"

Looks like this was a common problem in all Nissan's from 2007 to 2015:

https://www.gregcolemanlaw.com/blog/...ettlement.html

I hope this has been fixed in newer Nissan Zs especially since Nissan settled a lawsuit in 2017. There is a good chance it has, because the dashboard has been replaced with a newer part number TWICE:

Original Dash: 68200-1EA0A (from 2009)
Later Dash: 68200-1EA1A
Latest Dash: 68200-1EA5A (present in 2020 Zs for sure and probably 2019s)

Last edited by viiv; 08-07-2021 at 08:36 PM.
viiv is offline   Reply With Quote