View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Red Voodoo
Base Member

Drives: a hard bargain!
Red Voodoo is on a distinguished road

I had kind of the same thing happen to me in the middle of nowhere in Eastern Nevada. I left my sunglasses on the roof by mistake, folded the top, and then realized the error. Everything looked great, but the obstruction of the glasses was enough to freak out the sensors and nothing worked. I took out all the luggage, used the cables in the trunk to unlock the tonneau cover, and raised the top manually to retrieve the glasses. After that, the mechanicals were unresponsive. The windows were stuck down, the top had no power, and that damn buzzer would not shut up (didn't think about pulling the fuse)! I turned around and drove 70 miles back to civilization where, after screwing around with the top and power windows buttons for several minutes, finally got the thing to work again. I couldn't tell you what sequence I used to trick it back into operation. I figured then that I was on borrowed time before I was going to have the same thing happen again. That was a couple years ago, so I guess so far, so good! The ZR is nice roadster, but what seems to be inevitable problems with the top reflects poorly on the overall reliability of the model.

Good luck on finding a solution, and please keep us informed!