View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 09:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaZ View Post
What if I got new ones and added them back correctly?
You could, but I wouldn't just rip them off, and then you go to the dealership and they tell you, actually those stripes aren't available for purchase seperately, leaving you ****ed.

I would first order the stripes from Nissan and have them safely in hand before even attempting to remove the original ones. I don't believe those stripes would be in stock for very long after the car production has ended as they are purely cosmetic, and I assume they would be at least a couple hundred dollars each?

Those stripes are only on the door right?

Your safest option honestly could be to try to see if there is a vinyl wrap that exactly or closely matches the door panel paint colour, and just wrap the doors, preserving the originality underneath? Or wrap the whole car and enjoy having a complete different colour for several years?

If you are planning on keeping this car long term and hoping it appreciates as like an investment, 20-30 years down the road, factory originality is make or break. I have been to a car auction for classics and the price is PURELY based off of factory originality.

Last edited by viiv; 08-04-2021 at 09:43 AM.
viiv is offline   Reply With Quote