View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 01:22 AM   #557 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
With the recent California smog update to ECU inspections, I'm starting to question the future of my Z...particularly if I'm going to have no choice to turn it into a track car or who knows what — but full intent of keeping it. Really hoping one of the tuners here comes up with a CARB compliant solution.

And that being said, cars like the Supra and the CTR have suddenly become relevant. Don't get me wrong, good cars, but before this, I had zero interest. They're just something to settle with because I'm clearly only interested if I need a replacement daily sports car.
Yup, a turbo factory car will b easier to get a carb approved tune on that actually improves performance.

In the VAG car world, APR has their APR Plus tunes which are 91 octane stage 1 carb approved for a lot of vw, Audi and even some Porsche too iirc.

Let’s hope with the high volume of z35s that will sell, there is a business case to develop a carb approved stage 1 tune for it. Should be good for about an extra 50-70 hp and torque depending on the quality of the tuner. Btw, these will be bench tunes like are the standard in the vw/Audi world, no custom dyno tuning since obviously that could never meet carb.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote