View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 06:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
2E-Z
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Sport
2E-Z is on a distinguished road
Default No Key & “S-Mode” error after getting my windshield tinted

GM 370Z Forum,

Yesterday morning I went to a location in Tampa, Florida to get my front windshield tinted. After the tinting was set and completed (and one of the workers stalled out my Z, which I was mad as hell about) I paid and when back in my car only to find the shift knob was a bit loose and my “S-Mode” Error flashed on my LCD screen.

I can usually reset this “S-Mode” issue by taking on the positive battery terminal for a few minutes and then putting it back on. However, this time that doesn’t seem to fix the issue. To make things more strange, when I parked at home I had my car on when I opened my drivers side door when a “no key” alert blinked. The fob was in my cup holder behind my shifter the entire ride home and I have no idea why the fob now has lost connection to the Z unless it’s in the fobgina.

I’m letting the car sit it the sun to hopefully “dry” a bit but after 24hrs my fob is still not communicating with the Z to unlock or lock the doors from any distance. I am starting to believe there was some water damage done to the electronics found under the windshield.

What are your guesses? Do you think these issues are connected?

I checked the fixtures underneath the shifter column and everything is connected & no it’s not the Steering Wheel Lock, I replaced that already. The car can start only when the fob is inside the fobgina via RFID but that’s it. I only have 1 fob for the vehicle as well so I’m unable go and try my other fob because I bought the car used with only 1. I have tried replacing my battery in my fob as well.

Thanks

Last edited by 2E-Z; 06-10-2021 at 07:35 AM.
2E-Z is offline   Reply With Quote