View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 10:23 PM   #56 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
You're right in that you have no control over manufacturer warranties.

That being said, the description of your product on this site is woefully out of date. I didn't know I was getting an air-cooled turbo until I read the install guide - which JLarson had to supply me as you did not provide a copy - and asked you about the lack of coolant lines in the parts you shipped. I had to eat the cost of heat wrap for those lines, which I purchased in anticipation.

I will also say that the instructions themselves were terribly out of date, none of the pipes were labeled, t-bands were missing, the flanges on the IC were a mess (while not your fault, the 6 week delay in shipping new brackets was) and communicating with you was a challenge as on multiple occasions it took two or more weeks to get a response to emails and I thought you caught COVID and died.

I will finally add that, according to COMP's invoice, you placed the order for the turbo in mid-April, almost three weeks after it was 'supposed' to have shipped, two months after I sent you $4,304.99, the balance of payment for the kit, and several days after I sent you an email asking about its status.

You make a good product. If I could do it over again I'd pay the extra $3k for a F.I. kit and save myself the three months of stress and looking up Canadian estate law cause I thought you died.
I am sorry you feel this way.

Yes the turbo has been upgraded to one which makes the install even easier than before. So that is an issue on my end with the lack of update.

The IC brackets..I have had my supplier mess with these on a few units, and it has been a pain, because all the original IC mounting hardware was off by about 1.5". This has has now been corrected.

I have had the same instructions for years, and have not had bad feedback on them. I am open to suggestions for improvement.

Finally, on the turbo.....since it is a big ticket item, and is almost 20% of the whole kit price, it is ordered last to give each customer the longest possible warranty period. There was a mix up with some customers and ship to addresses, along with order of shipments that needed to go out between COMP and myself. I believe that was an order of about 15 units or so. So that is a share of the blame that I can take/accept.

I try to get to every customer quick, so I am not sure what happened between the emails pertaining to your challenges. PM me the email address you used...I don't remember each customer and their forum ID.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote