View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 12:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
old guy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 magma touring
old guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ZS-Carpenter View Post
What a fvcking day

I'm not sure where to begin and I'm not much for long winded BS so...

Stage 4 pancreatic and it has started(maybe?/probably?) spread to the liver. He got the first dose of chemo today. No immediate side effects from the chemo but he is in a lot of pain and morphine isn't cutting it.

Going in for a nerve block on tuesday. That should hide all the pain for a few months as we see if the chemo is working to get him "well?" enough to get radiation treatments.

good chance 3/4 of that is only 1/2 correct but my brain is oatmeal right now.

On the up side, I have a really good feeling about the place he is at. My brother and I both talked to other patients that could not be happier with the care they are getting and there are people from everywhere getting care there.
Bill,
Spend as much time with him as possible ! Which ever way this goes you won’t regret it, and your dad will always know you were there when he needed his family the most.

My thoughts and prayers.
Rick