View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 03:39 PM   #730 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
It would be a whole lot easier to modify the trans mount. Slot the holes that mount to the trans, use star type lock washers under the bolt heads. That way you can mount the crossmember to the frame, then tighten up the trans to the xmember.
Yes, but I need the angle of the engine to sit a specific way for the boost tubes. Otherwise... I'd be all over that. I mean... it shouldn't be too bad. All I need to do is loosen motor mounts and the pull it forward a bit.

If you are wondering why I didn't mark the mounts. I actually did... here comes the but...

BUT..

I mounted the engine mounts on backwards previously. AFTER I mounted it on incorrectly, I put on additional thicker black marks while mounted incorrectly.

This is all learning and fabrication pains. I'm learning tolerances are not necessarily a bad thing.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote