View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Blue-Z
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Z
Blue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-Z has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Transmission or Clutch Issue

Hello Everyone,

I dropped the clutch at just under 3k RPMs to take off and screech the tires at a drag strip today and the car stood still. At first, it felt as if there was a load on the engine and tires were spinning and I quickly shifted into second gear and mashed the pedal. The car didn't move at all...just inched forward, maybe 5 mph. I quickly put the car into neutral and let the RPMs go down and started in third. There was a burning smell that I couldn't distinguish from clutch or transmission. I cruised at the end of the track and came to another stop and took off: everything felt okay but the smell was still there. I took off in first and rolled on the throttle into second and everything was okayish. The car has 85k miles. Is my clutch going bad or is the transmission first and second gear bad? A check engine light came on and its a P-something about fuel not being burned 02 sensor or cat issue.

I'm not really sure what happened. The car was in gear and clutch was depressed in both first and second when this happened. No grinding or anything, something didn't engage and ended up burning. I could use some help for repairs instead of taking it to a mechanic with a blank check...
Blue-Z is offline   Reply With Quote