View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 03:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemorepills View Post
IMO, I never have warmed up to the 370Z or the 350Z.
I grew up loving the 300ZX Twin Turbo, I remember buying my first new car from Nissan and lusting over the 1995 300ZX Twin Turbo sitting mere feet away from me in the showroom.

The Z32 is a hard act to follow, and TBH I don't think the upcoming Z35 exterior looks as good as the Z32, IMO. However, the interior is great and the new Twin Turbo powerplant makes up for the "not really feeling it" front end. Fortunately, I don't hate it, and I definitely see zero Tesla in it.
Yea, I knew someone who purchased a yellow 1990 Twin Turbo brand new in 1990. He was a younger guy back then, and he told me that car, in yellow, in 1990 when almost all cars still looked like boxes on wheels, the attention he got with it was unreal and it was an absolute chick magnet. Apparently, Lamborghinis were so rare back then that most people at that time never saw a Lambo in real life. He said when he drove his Z when it was new, absolutely all eyes were on him. Like making a left turn at the intersection, heads were turning in every single car waiting at the intersection. When he drove down the street, pedestrians, every single one of their heads turned, something he doesn't believe would happen today even with a supercar as they (and good looking cars in general) have become much more common place.

He told me a story I will never forget, how in the summer of 1990 he had a taxi stopped in front of him at the red light. The two young blonde passengers in the backseat of the taxi were turned around on the backseat so they could face him waving at him. He told me how they were some of the most beautiful girls he ever saw in his life and he just waved at them and let them go. He still kicks himself for being so stupid and not realizing they probably wanted his number.

Anyways, on that note I always thought this was the proper Z32 successor:

Last edited by viiv; 03-19-2021 at 04:06 AM.
viiv is offline   Reply With Quote